Friday, August 7, 2009

New to all this!

Well, time for me to get brave and actually start my own blogging. I need a place where I can (safely) expound on being a grandmother, being late-middle aged, being a new knitter, and being socially awkward. Wow, I have so much to learn and so little time.
First of all there is the pesky job. I am glad I have it, I thank the fates/gods/4 winds that I have been blessed with a decent job and adequate food, shelter and health insurance. Its just that jobs can become boring, time-consuming, stressful, soul-sucking, and generally icky.
That said, my job is how I sustain my life. I don't live to go to my job! There is a promotional position that will opening in the next 2 months. I have applied for this position once before and was rejected. I am not sure whether I want to invest the time, energy and stress required to go through the recruitment process again. Just completing the application is painful. I am totally on the fence. Its about 50% more work for 5% more money. Just can't decide if its worth it.

Lately I am deriving a great deal of satisfaction from camping, viewing recent pictures of my angelic grand daughter, knitting, reading, sewing, and making art. It may not be good art but it's art, and it's mine. In fact all of my pathetic attempts at creativity may someday be on display in the Museum of Bad Art. At least I would have achieved my goal at getting "hung" or displayed in some gallery somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment