Thursday, September 30, 2010

Rest In Peace, Shevette

Monday night one of my dear friends from work killed herself. All I can imagine is what she went through those last hours of her life.

I think though, that Shevette herself would want to be remembered in those happier times. She had the best laugh, the sweetest disposition. She was kind beyond her means. She was a devoted mother, and a loyal friend.
If there is anything to be learned from this it is this:
reach out to someone you love. Reach out and mend a fence or bridge a chasm. Reach out with a kind word and a smile. You could be saving someone's life.

1 comment:

  1. This is scary my name is shevette and i was really being nosey to see what kind of life another shevette had. Man did I learn a lesson. You just described me in a past tense version. SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS.

    ReplyDelete